Springfield Library is seeking a friendly, highly organized, enthusiastic individual to serve as Library Clerk. This position reports to and is supervised by the Library Director.
The Library Clerk will be responsible for:
- Administering policies to the public.
- Updating databases and files.
- Sorts library materials, organizes materials on carts to be shelved, and shelves materials
- Registering new patrons.
- Checking in and out various library materials.
- Performing inter-library loan duties such as filling on-shelf items, receiving items, putting materials on hold, and calling patrons who have materials on hold available.
- Performs routine office procedures such as filing, making copies, answering the phone professionally, and collecting statistics accurately.
- Shelf reads and straightens materials on the shelves and in the collection while shelving
- Assisting patrons wherever necessary, including with technology.
- Other duties as described by the Library Director.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High-school diploma or greater
- Strong computer skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
The job is for 26 hours each month, with a salary of $12.50 per hour.
The hours are bi-weekly. Every other week, the Library Clerk will work:
Wednesday from 9AM-5PM
Thursday from 11AM-4PM
Other hours may be scheduled as need arises.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Springfield Library, P.O. Box 142, Springfield Center NY 13468 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.