Lisle Free Library takes the health of the community and our patrons seriously. We can all work together to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Due to the County, State, and Federal State of Emergency, the Lisle Free Library is taking the following actions to help reduce the spread of illness:
Monday, March 16 – Wednesday, March 18
• Normal hours
• Operations limited to the check-out of materials only
The library will be closed Thursday, March 19 – Tuesday, April 14. During this time, there will be NO public access to the building.
• Patrons may call from 3-6 on Monday – Friday to have items pulled, checked out, and packed for curbside pickup.
• In keeping with our current policy, all fines will be waived for any overdue materials. There is no need to return items while the library is closed. Please disregard any overdue notices you may receive.
• Holds that are listed as ready for pick-up will be held at the library until April 21. Please disregard the pick-up by date listed in your notices.
• While our building may not be open, our online resources are available 24/7— including eBooks, eMagazines, eAudiobooks, through the Four County Library System Website and corresponding apps for your personal devices. Look for the Libby and Flipster apps on your device app store; all of them are free.
• Library Wi-Fi remains available to patrons from outside the building on your personal devices.
This decision was made after much careful consideration. The health and safety of our community is of the utmost importance to us.
Be safe and well.
The Staff and Board of Trustees of the Lisle Free Library