Month: January 2018

Operation: WWI Veterans

Operation: WWI Veterans

Do you have a relative or family member who served during World War I? No matter how they served, whether it was in the military or Red Cross, we want to know their story!  The Lisle Town and Village Historians are currently collecting photos and […]

February Library Board Meeting

February Library Board Meeting

The next Library Board of Trustee meeting will be held on Monday, February 5th @ 6:30pm. Topics will include: relocating the circulation desk, interlibrary loan statistics, updating policies, and new flooring. All are welcome! 

Board of Trustee December 2017 Meeting Minutes

Board of Trustee December 2017 Meeting Minutes

 

December 4, 2017 Regular Meeting

Present:

  • Trustees: K. Barker, H. Hand, R. Cicciarelli, G. McCall, K.Kittredge
  • Absent: None
  • Secretary/Treasurer: K. Chidester
  • Library Director: C. Douglas
  • Community attendees: K. Diekow

The October 2017 meeting minutes were presented and accepted by all trustees. A motion to accept the minutes as presented by Rick and second by Katharine.

There were no meeting minutes for November 2017 as there was no quorum.

Treasurer’s report: The treasurer’s report was read from the October 2017 meeting. A motion was made by Katharine and second by Gary. All trustees were in favor and accepted. Bills paid from the Public account amounted to $4,232.20. Bills paid from the Private account amounted to $7,710.86. The treasurer’s report was read from the November 2017 meeting. A motion was made by Rick and second by Harriet. All trustees were in favor and accepted. Bills paid from the Public account amounted to $5,833.87 and the Private account amounted to $5,259.14.

Director’s Report: The October 2017 Director’s report was reviewed and discussed. A motion was made by Rick to accept the report as presented Gary second. All trustees were in favor and motion accepted. The November 2017 Director’s report was presented, reviewed and discussed. A motion was made by Kim B to accept report Gary second. All trustees were in favor and accepted. Cher made a comment to look into a safety deposit box rental. Which upon discussion, we believe we do have. Kim C will look inquire at the bank to be sure. Cher commented this box would be useful to store our archived information. Advantage is already storing our data for the Library on the cloud.

Old Business: Board approval of Library closings for federal Holidays. Holidays selected were the (4) major Holidays of Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. December 27, 2017 is our Volunteer appreciation party at 5:00PM. Cher requested a budget of no more than $200.00 to purchase a plaque and buy refreshments. Kim B made a motion to accept second by Rick all trustees in favor.

Committee Reports: Building & Grounds – Rick reported that the parking lot lights are here he just needs to contact Jim Gilligan to help install them. Gary continues to work on flooring options and pricing. This will continue into 2018 and more inquires for quotes will be requested. Gary will also continue to pursue a handyman whom may be willing to sign a maintenance contract with the Library estimated $1200.00/annually. Gary will provide his findings at the next meeting. Katharine addressed the Board with the need for parking lot restrictions. The Board has been requested to consider designing a policy of parking lot usage and restrictions outside of Library hours. Assistance by the State Police may be potentially needed for enforcement and violation purposes. Kim B made a motion to have Katharine with Cher’s assistance draft a letter restricting parking lot usage. Also, the purchase of signage indicating “Patrons only” or “Parking for Patrons only” during Library hours was also discussed and the need agreed upon. An additional motion made by Kim B and second by Gary. All trustees in favor and motions were both accepted.

Bylaw Committee: Katharine and Cher continue to work on the bylaws and will also have an employee policy put in place by 2018. Kim B will also be looking into other cleaning options.

New Business: Cher will pursue pricing for shelving into 2018 and will present any of her findings at the next meeting.

Correspondence: None

Public Expression: None

Meeting adjourned at 7:55PM

Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday evening at 7:00PM January 2, 2017.

 

Kimberly S. Chidester, Secretary

Approved by the Board: 1/2/2018