Patron Code of Conduct
In order to insure constructive use of library facilities, materials, and services as well as the personal comfort of all patrons, The Board of Trustees and the Library Staff have established the following rules:
- Patrons shall be engaged in activities associated with the use of a public library while in the building.
- Reasonable quiet is expected, especially in designated study areas. No patron may disturb others using the library.
- Misconduct such as the use of foul language and gestures, public drunkenness, loud talking or laughing, running, pushing, fighting, or other offensive behavior will result in expulsion from the building and the suspension of library privileges.
- The library assumes no responsibility for the care and supervision of children. Parents or caregivers must supervise the behavior of their children. Additionally, children under the age of 8 must be supervised at all times.
- Smoking and eating must be done outside of the library. If you do smoke, please make certain you discard your cigarettes away from library property.
- Only animals assisting the handicapped are permitted in the building.
- Patrons shall not be permitted to enter the building without footwear or without a shirt or other covering of their upper bodies.
- Other unacceptable library behavior includes sleeping, staring, stalking, soliciting, loitering, littering, and damage to property.
- Patrons are encouraged to report disruptive individuals to the staff.
- Library materials must be returned on time and in good condition. Overdue materials deprive others in need of those materials.
- A library patron who tampers with the hardware or software of any computer will forfeit all library privileges and be subject to financial liability for damages.
- A library patron who vandalizes, steals, or destroys any library material, equipment, or building components will forfeit all library priviledges and be subject to financial liability for damages.