Please Support Our Capital Campaign
Fellow Community Members:
South New Berlin Free Library is launching a capital campaign to raise funds for an addition to our building.
- Our proposed project is to add an 18′ x 26′ wing to the south side of the existing library creating a wonderful space for community events. The cost of this undertaking is approximately $282,824 and our funding approach is two-fold. First, we have received a $187,682 grant from the Four County Library System, second, we are asking the community and local businesses and the library to donate $95,142. Together the entire community can benefit with no increase in taxes.
- This addition will provide residents with enhanced library services, such as additional space for programs open to the general public, an increase in the number of books we provide, much needed storage, and a handicap accessible bathroom included in this community room. Please see the drawing. This addition will be open to the general public to use for meetings such as senior citizens, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, craft classes, space for new book/DVD collections, educational courses provided by county organizations or businesses.
- Our intent is to create the addition while preserving the look of the original building as well as offering an outdoor patio for reading and windows that allow maximum sunlight to enhance the welcoming atmosphere.
- The Library Board has not requested an increase in taxes for the past three years and our goal is to not raise them for this project. We respectfully ask you to consider donating to your South New Berlin Free Library to help us achieve this goal.
- You can donate right on the Library website at libraries.4cls.org/southnewberlin or send a check or money order to the South New Berlin Free Library, PO Box 9, South New Berlin NY 13843.
We would be happy to provide you with a receipt for tax purposes for your charitable contribution.
The South New Berlin Free Library Board of Trustees thanks you for your commitment to our community!
SEE OUR CAPITAL PROJECT DONORS