In observance of Veterans’ Day, the Sidney Library will be closed on Wednesday, November 11th, 2015. We will resume normal hours on Thursday.
The Sidney Library isn’t just for books. We also host several clubs that are open to anyone interested. All clubs meet in our Smart Community Room.
- Writers’ Group – 1st and 3rd Mondays at 6:30pm
- Quilting Group – 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 1-3pm
- Book Club, hosted by the Library Friends – 3rd Tuesday at 11:30am
- Ancestry / Genealogy Club – 4th Wednesday at 6pm
Stop by and see what our clubs are all about!
This summer, fun at the library isn’t just for children. Adults are invited to the library for an ongoing activity.
Once you’ve read a book, pick up a book review form at the Sidney Library’s front desk. Tell us what you think of the book, and you will be entered to win one of many prizes donated by local businesses.
Be sure to visit the Sidney Library this week for some fun activities.
- Wed. July 8 at 6:30pm – Mike the Juggler will be performing in our Smart Community Room. Thank you to the Friends of the Libraries, who are sponsoring this event.
- Thurs. July 9 at 3:00pm – Kids Super Fun Hour is being held in our Public Computing Center (in the library basement). This week, we are inspired by Mike the Juggler and will make our own juggling balls so we can practice!
We invite you to attend a free showing of the Disney movie Brave on the big screen in our Smart Community Room. The movie will be shown on Thurssday 7/2 at 1:30pm..You can watch the trailer below:
Thanks to the Friends of the Libraries for sponsoring this event.
Just a reminder that the Sidney Library is closed on Sundays in the summertime. On weekends we will only be open on Saturdays. Sunday hours will resume after Labor Day.
Our first Family Entertainment activity of the summer is a scavenger hunt for kids on Wednesday July 1st, 2015 at 6:30pm. Kids can follow clues to explore all the library has to offer. Join us as we begin the event in our Smart Community Room and branch out all throughout the library. We hope to see you there!
Due to a system upgrade, no holds can be placed from Tuesday, June 23 – Friday, June 26, 2015.
This means we are not able to reserve items for you if you come in to the library. Also, if you normally place holds online through the 4CLS website, they will not save to your account during this time.
The system should be back to normal on Saturday, June 27th.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Thank you so much to the voters of the Sidney Central School District, who recently voted 308-53 to approve our library budget. Because of your support, we will be able to continue to offer books and other media, children’s programs, computer classes, and much more.
The Friends of the Libraries sponsor a monthly book club, which anyone is welcome to join. This month, they will be discussing The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty. The group will meet Tuesday 5/19 at 11:30am in the Smart Community Room.