Our staff has been hard at work making updates to our offering of children’s programs here at the Sidney Library. If you bring children for story time or Lego time, be sure to check the dates and times, available:
Come meet local heroes from your own community. Our children’s program on Wednesday August 12th 2015 at 6:30pm will allow kids to meet people who help out, such as New York State Troopers with their K-9 unit, a local nurse, a tow truck operator with his truck, and more.We hope you will join us in the Smart Community Room for this event!
Our Family Entertainment program is an exciting one. On Wednesday, July 29th 2015 at 6:30pm, we will learn about Tall Tales through storytelling and other fun activities. Come listen to stories and create your own tall tale. Don’t miss this fun event!
If you would like to change the settings on your iPhone but are not sure where to start…
If you want to know how to set up your new laptop…
If you would like one-on-one assistance with your tablet…
If you would like to use the laptops for genealogy research…
…Join us in the PCC (Public Computing Center, downstairs in the library) on Monday July 27th, 2015 from 11am – 1pm for Open Hours.
Be sure to visit the Sidney Library this week for some fun activities.
- Wed. July 8 at 6:30pm – Mike the Juggler will be performing in our Smart Community Room. Thank you to the Friends of the Libraries, who are sponsoring this event.
- Thurs. July 9 at 3:00pm – Kids Super Fun Hour is being held in our Public Computing Center (in the library basement). This week, we are inspired by Mike the Juggler and will make our own juggling balls so we can practice!
We have a variety of library programs available for young children. Here are just a few:
- Music for Munchkins gives children ages 2-5 time to explore instruments, sing songs, and finish off with parachute play.
- Pre-K Tech gives young ones an educational experience with some of the technology in the library, including fun and educational apps and websites.
- Lego Time offers preschool through school age children a chance to play and create with Legos.
You can find complete program descriptions and dates on our Children & Teens page on the website.
Do you like perennials for their low maintenance, but want something new to add to your garden? Join us on Tuesday 5/5 at 6:30pm in the Smart Community Room as Tony Antes shares information about some unusual perennials that grow well in our planting zone. Mr. Antes is a master gardener for Cornell Cooperative Extension of Broome County. This program is free to the public and we hope you will join us!
Have you ever wondered about hearing loss or hearing health? Do you have a friend or family member who seems to be missing parts of conversations because of hearing issues? Join us Friday 3/20 at 1pm in the Smart Community Room for an informative program presented by Wayne Terry, a board certified audiologist. He will discuss hearing issues including tinnitus and hearing loss, and will also discuss current hearing technology. He also will share tips for how to better interact and cope with someone who is hard of hearing.
With school being closed on Monday, December 22nd, is your child looking for something fun to do? Join us at the Sidney Library at 2pm when kids will be able to create a homemade ornament for their own tree or to give as a gift.
Join us on Sunday December 14th at 1pm to create some handmade cards. Sidney Library’s own Linda Shea will provide the materials and support to make your own greeting cards For $6, you can walk away with six unique greeting cards to use this holiday season. Registration is required: you can do so online, by calling 563-1200, or in person at the circulation desk.