Do you know someone who may be interested in learning about online safety or using a cloud drive? Our Public Computing Center is offering these classes and more in November:
- Online Safety – Fri. Nov. 7th at 11:00am – learn how to create safe passwords, identify secure websites, and be aware of scam and phishing emails.
- Saving & Sharing Documents – Fri. Nov. 21st at 11:00am – learn about cloud file saving, using a flash drive, and where your documents go when you save them.
- Computer Basics and Skype (video calls) classes are also available.
You can register online, by calling the Sidney Library at 563-1200, or stopping in and registering in person.
Sidney Library’s Public Computing Center will offer classes during the month of August on the following topics:
- computer basics
- scanning and uploading photos
- introduction to Skype
If you are interested in registering for any of these classes, you can click here to view the complete calendar. By holding your mouse over a workshop you can see more information, including if there are still openings. Registration is available online, or by calling 563-1200 or stopping in to the Sidney Library.
Open hours are also available if you have a specific question about using a device or website. The PCC’s open hours will be every Wednesday from 10:00am to noon.
Sidney Library’s Public Computing Center is offering a number of workshops during the month of June. A sample of topics include:
- Introduction to Windows 8
- How to Use Ancestry.com, Library Edition
- Documents and Folders (keeping your computer organized)
Open hours have also been established. During these times, patrons are welcome to stop by for one-on-one help, such as using their e-reader or help using a particular website. In addition, we have scanners and a Mac computer available for use.
Click here to view the complete June calendar. By holding your mouse over a workshop you can see more information, including if there are still openings. Registration is available online, or by calling or stopping in to the Sidney Library.
If you or anyone you know are interested in learning new computer skills, we invite you to check out the new computer classes being offered in May in our Public Computing Center. Topics include:
- computer basics;
- Microsoft Word;
- downloading and accessing photos from your digital camera; and
- using online services relating to the library system.
If you are interested, click here to view the calendar of classes. You can sign up online, by calling the library, or registering at the circulation desk.
Tweens & Teens
Wednesdays from 3 – 5 p.m.
Sidney Library Public Computing Center
**Use one of our computers to log on to your account and play individually or get on our server and play with your friends.
If you don’t have your own account, we have a few “loaner” accounts you use.**
This week the group of students participating in the Lego Robotics workshops attempted to program the robot to make its way through a small obstacle course. Even after many attempts and many measurements, no one was able to complete it. Maybe next week!!