If you’ve always wanted to change the settings on your iPhone but are not sure where to start…
If you want to know how to program your new laptop…
If you would like one-on-one assistance with your tablet…
If you would like to use the library’s high-resolution scanner to scan old photos…
…Join us in the PCC (Public Computing Center, downstairs in the library) on Tuesday June 16th from 4-6pm.
- Would you like to learn how to design posters or greeting cards on the computer? Join us on Wednesday 6/17 at 4pm for an introduction to Microsoft Publisher, a computer program that is used for designing print materials.You will learn skills like inserting photos and changing fonts. You will leave with a file for a simple poster or greeting card.
- Interested in learning more about your family history? Our workshop on Monday 6/29 at 2pm will help you get started with genealogy research using Ancestry.com. We will show you how to access free clues and more information about your heritage, rather than having to pay for them.
All workshops are free but registration is required. Please sign up online, call 563-1200, or register in person at the library.
Also in June…
- We will have Open Hours, where you can get one-on-one help using your laptop, smartphone, tablet, or e-reader. We’ve helped people customize their new laptops, set up privacy protection and back up their smartphones, and set up their new Kindle e-readers. Just bring in your device and your questions, and we will help you out. Open Hours are on Monday 6/1 from 4-6pm, and also on Tuesday 6/16 from 4-6pm.
Sidney Library’s Public Computing Center (PCC) will hold the following workshops in July:
If you are interested in registering for any of these classes, you can click here to view the complete calendar. By holding your mouse over a workshop you can see more information, including if there are still openings. Registration is available online, or by calling 563-1200 or stopping in to the Sidney Library.
Open hours are also available if you have a specific question about using a device or website. The PCC’s open hours will be every Wednesday from 10:00am to noon.
Sidney Library’s Public Computing Center is offering a number of workshops during the month of June. A sample of topics include:
- Introduction to Windows 8
- How to Use Ancestry.com, Library Edition
- Documents and Folders (keeping your computer organized)
Open hours have also been established. During these times, patrons are welcome to stop by for one-on-one help, such as using their e-reader or help using a particular website. In addition, we have scanners and a Mac computer available for use.
Click here to view the complete June calendar. By holding your mouse over a workshop you can see more information, including if there are still openings. Registration is available online, or by calling or stopping in to the Sidney Library.