Our next computer class, called Introduction to Email, will be held on Wednesday, February 24th at 4pm.
Would you (or someone you know) like some tips on how to use your email efficiently? This is a class for beginners or those who would like a refresher on email basics.
The class is free but registration is required. Register in person at the library or by calling us at 563-1200.
Get tech help at our Clean Your iPhone class on Monday, February 1st 2016 at 4pm in the library’s Public Computing Center (PCC). The class will guide you through checking settings on your iPhone or iPad with the goal of improving storage space and battery life.
**Participants should bring their iPhone or iPad, fully charged.
This class is free but registration is required. You can register online, by calling us at 563-1200, or in person at the library’s main desk.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Delaware County will present a series of free workshops on Wednesdays from 6 – 7:30pm during January and February. They begin this Wednesday, January 6th.
Learn strategies and skills that will help you be supportive of your child’s development, including games that can help your family be active and healthy. There will be a Focus on Food segment featuring healthy meal and snack ideas for children ages 3-11 with recipes and samples. You will also receive free small kitchen tools.
Unlike our other programs, you should register for these workshops directly with CCE by calling 865-6531 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. These classes also count toward credit hours for daycare providers.
Want to find out how to transfer your digital photos so you can share or print them? Attend our free tech class on Monday October 26th, 2015 at 4pm. You will also get suggestions for photo apps. Be sure to bring your smartphone so you can try it for yourself!
The Free Your Photos class is open to the first ten people who register, either online, in person, or by calling us at 563-1200.
Need help with your phone, tablet, or laptop? We are able to help during Open Hours, which are held in our Public Computing Center. You are also welcome to use our laptops to work on genealogy research with Ancestry during this time. Open Hours for October are hosted on:
- Monday October 5th, 2015 from 4 – 6pm
- Thursday October 22nd, 2015 from 4 – 6pm
Need help with your phone, tablet, or laptop? We are able to help during Open Hours, which are held in our Public Computing Center. You are also welcome to use our laptops to work on genealogy research with Ancestry during this time. Open Hours for the rest of September are hosted from 4 – 6pm on
- September 16th, 2015
- September 23rd, 2015
If you’ve always wanted to change the settings on your iPhone but are not sure where to start…
If you want to know how to program your new laptop…
If you would like one-on-one assistance with your tablet…
If you would like to use the library’s high-resolution scanner to scan old photos…
…Join us in the PCC (Public Computing Center, downstairs in the library) on Tuesday June 16th from 4-6pm.
- Would you like to learn how to design posters or greeting cards on the computer? Join us on Wednesday 6/17 at 4pm for an introduction to Microsoft Publisher, a computer program that is used for designing print materials.You will learn skills like inserting photos and changing fonts. You will leave with a file for a simple poster or greeting card.
- Interested in learning more about your family history? Our workshop on Monday 6/29 at 2pm will help you get started with genealogy research using Ancestry.com. We will show you how to access free clues and more information about your heritage, rather than having to pay for them.
All workshops are free but registration is required. Please sign up online, call 563-1200, or register in person at the library.
Also in June…
- We will have Open Hours, where you can get one-on-one help using your laptop, smartphone, tablet, or e-reader. We’ve helped people customize their new laptops, set up privacy protection and back up their smartphones, and set up their new Kindle e-readers. Just bring in your device and your questions, and we will help you out. Open Hours are on Monday 6/1 from 4-6pm, and also on Tuesday 6/16 from 4-6pm.