Our nutrition workshops continue through the end of February. The Healthy Children Healthy Families series of workshops is every Wednesday night from 6 – 7:30pm in the Smart Community Room. Stop by and get some healthy snack and meal ideas, and learn about games and activities for your family.
Since Sidney elementary school students have a half-day on Thursday, November 19th 2015, we are offering some fun activities. Kids age 5 and up are welcome in our Public Computing Center from 2-4pm to play games, have fun on the iPads, and see what other technology we have available. Join the fun!
We have a variety of library programs available for young children. Here are just a few:
- Music for Munchkins gives children ages 2-5 time to explore instruments, sing songs, and finish off with parachute play.
- Pre-K Tech gives young ones an educational experience with some of the technology in the library, including fun and educational apps and websites.
- Lego Time offers preschool through school age children a chance to play and create with Legos.
You can find complete program descriptions and dates on our Children & Teens page on the website.
If you enjoy attending one of our many children’s programs, or would like to start, please be aware of the recent changes that have been made. You can find all updated descriptions on the Children & Teens page of the library website, or pick up a copy of the kids’ calendar (with notes on the back) at our circulation desk.
Story and craft time will be hosted by both Sidney Center and Masonville branch libraries during the month of July. Preschool and school-age children are invited to join us at the following times:
- Sidney Center Branch Library – every Monday in July – 2:00-2:45pm
- Masonville Branch Library – every Monday in July – 3:30-4:15pm
On Tuesday, June 10th from 3:30-4:15, school age kids are invited for computer fun, games, and activities in the Sidney Library’s Public Computing Center (downstairs). No need to register, just come and have fun.