In observance of Independence Day, the Sidney Library will be closed on Saturday, July 4th 2015. (Don’t forget – we are also closed on Sundays in July & August.) We will resume normal hours on Monday, July 6th.
Just a reminder that the Sidney Library is closed on Sundays in the summertime. On weekends we will only be open on Saturdays. Sunday hours will resume after Labor Day.
Due to a system upgrade, no holds can be placed from Tuesday, June 23 – Friday, June 26, 2015.
This means we are not able to reserve items for you if you come in to the library. Also, if you normally place holds online through the 4CLS website, they will not save to your account during this time.
The system should be back to normal on Saturday, June 27th.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
The Sidney Library and Four County Library System are participating in an event called Big Library Read. Think of it as a worldwide book club.
Now through 6/23/15, you are invited to participate by borrowing a digital copy of the suspense novel Eyes On You by Kate White. Both ebook and audiobook versions are available, and you will receive the copy immediately – there is no waiting list. Thank you to the Overdrive company and the publishers of this book for making so many copies available to our patrons!
June is Get Caught Listening month, a nationwide campaign to promote the joys of audiobooks. They are a great companion for those who travel often or have a long commute to work. The Sidney Library is proud to offer a variety of audiobooks:
- Next to our public computers, there is an entire wall of fiction and non-fiction audiobooks on CD, sorted by author.
- Our patrons can also access audiobooks via the 4CLS Download Zone. To log in, you will need is your library card number and pin number. (If you have questions about your pin number, please call the library during business hours and we will help you!)
Thank you so much to the voters of the Sidney Central School District, who recently voted 308-53 to approve our library budget. Because of your support, we will be able to continue to offer books and other media, children’s programs, computer classes, and much more.
In observance of Memorial Day, the Sidney Library will be closed Monday 5/25. We will resume normal business hours on Tuesday.
Help us celebrate National Library Week, which was designed to acknowledge the contributions of our nation’s libraries and promote library use. What can you do? Invite a friend to sign up for a free library card, or come visit us yourself.
Did you know:
- Our library has a large selection of DVD’s to borrow. This ranges from big blockbusters like The Avengers to independent and foreign films. Many of these titles are not available on streaming sites like Netflix. Come see what we have to offer.
- We get new books almost every week. Whether you’re looking for cookbooks, historical biographies, picture books for your kids, or something to read on vacation, we have an excellent variety. If you’d like something we don’t have, we can almost always request it from another library for you.
- If you prefer listening to books, we have a large selection of audiobooks (books on CD) that are alphabetized by author. We have audiobooks for all reading levels: children, young adult, and adult.
Beginning April 1, 2015, the Masonville Branch Library has new hours:
Tues 3:30 – 7:00
Wed 3:30 – 7:00
Thurs 3:30 – 7:00
Fri 1:00 – 5:00
Sat 10:00 – 2:00
Closed Sundays and Mondays