The Adopt-a-book program makes it easy for you to help build the Library’s collection! Whether it is in memoriam or a tribute to a birthday, anniversary, or other special day, your donation enable us to add books that enrich lives to our collection. Adopt a book in honor of someone special-don’t forget that you are special too!
If you adopt a book, we will:
- acknowledge your donation with a bookplate
- honor or memorialize a loved one with a bookplate
- You will be the first to read it, even if the book has a waiting list!
- Receive a receipt for your tax deductible donation
How to adopt a book:
Fill out an adoption form at the Circulation Desk or, once you have selected the book you’d like to adopt from this linkhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/16lX4hMb639h6ygREBLBNniPFF1uTKZeDup_VkZKNt-E/edit?usp=sharing , send an email to the director (firstname.lastname@example.org) giving us the following information:
- Name of person adopting
- Title of the Adopted Book
- If a memorial adoption, name of the person(s) for the “In Memory” bookplate
- If an “In Honor” adoption, name of the person(s) fo rthe “In honor of” bookplate
- Address for us to send the acknowledgement, if desired
- Mail or bring in your payment of $15 for children’s books, or $20 for adult books. We accept cash, check, money order, or PayPal through our website.
- The selected book will be processed into the collection as soon as it is available, with a personalized bookplate affixed.