Library Director will act as chief visionary and leader of the library; responsible for the administration of all library functions.
For 200 years, Cooperstown, New York, has been the home of celebrated authors and enthusiastic readers. Situated on the scenic shores of Lake Otsego, the Village of Cooperstown Library is starting a new chapter and is seeking a full-time Library Director to start in the Spring of 2021. The Library Director will act as the chief visionary and leader of the library, and is responsible for the administration of all library functions, including collection management, organization, preservation and presentation.
Candidate skills we are seeking include:
- Creativity and enthusiasm to make the library a welcoming and inclusive community space for all
- Entrepreneurial spirit to grow our library among key constituent groups, including community members, board of directors, volunteers and community arts/cultural institutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to recruit, inspire and grow library volunteers/staff
- At ease with technology and social media to extend public relations and outreach
- Keen interest in learning how to best serve a diverse community of young families, teens and active seniors with new ideas for programming
- Ability to find, apply and secure grants and fundraising opportunities
- Master’s Degree from an ALA-accredited program
- New York State Librarian Certification
The Board of Trustees is prepared to offer a competitive, individualized compensation package. A letter of interest and resume should be sent to the attention of Jill Feury, Library Board, Village Library of Cooperstown, 22 Main Street, Cooperstown, NY 13326 or email@example.com. Resumes received by February 15, 2020 will receive first consideration. The Village of Cooperstown Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.