Job Title: Youth Services Librarian (part-time)
Summary Description: The Youth Services Librarian is an active member of the Village Library of Cooperstown team, and reports to the Library Director. This is a part-time position (21-24 hours per week) that oversees all children and young adult services, and performs support activities for related library operations.
- coordinate children and young adult programs including weekly story hour and summer reading program
- in coordination with Library Director, work with the Friends of the Library program committee on youth related projects
- choose library materials for children and young adult sections
- assist in management of checkout desks
- provide general and reference assistance to library patrons
- perform routine library services as may be needed
- enlists aid from library volunteers as may be needed
- assist the library director as may be needed
- demonstrated experience working with children and children’s programs
- high school graduate, college preferred
- experience in a library environment
- must pass civil service exam
Salary Range: $14.00 to $16.00 per hour, based on qualifications
Please send resume and three references to email@example.com.