New York State provides funds for public library construction projects. This year the funding statewide has been increased to $24 Million. That brings 4CLS’s allotment to $685,888.
A workshop on the Construction Aid Program has been scheduled for Friday, June 9 at 10 AM at Huntington Memorial Library in Oneonta. Contact Steve at 4CLS to register. View the presentation slides.
The DLD website has a lot of information about the Construction Aid Program:
- Main Construction Page – www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/construc/
- Application Procedure – http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/construc/24m/index.html
- Application Instructions – http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/construc/24m/instruct.htm
- Frequently Asked Questions – http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/construc/24m/faq.htm
- Application Portal Link – eservices.nysed.gov/ldgrants/index.jsp
- To request a username/password- https://eservices.nysed.gov/ldgrants/ldgext/diRegistration.do
- The DLD webpages have been updated to reflect the changes for the 2017-2020 cycle.
- Increased effectiveness of library service due to increased and/or improved building space and capacity
- More efficient utilization of the library building resulting in such economies as energy conservation and increased staff efficiency.
- Improved access to and use of building services by all library users, including those with physical disabilities
- Provision of library services to geographically isolated or economically disadvantaged communities
- Minimum project cost is $5,000
- 50% local match is required
- Libraries that serve an economically disadvantaged community are eligible for a reduced local march (25%)
- Expenses incurred after July 1 of the application year are eligible, but the project must bot be completed before the application due date
- Projects for buildings that are 50 years old or older, must receive clearance from the NYS Historic Preservation Office (SHPO).
- Projects can be submitted for approval online – https://cris.parks.ny.gov/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
- Application is online – portal link – eservices.nysed.gov/ldgrants/index.jsp
- NY.GOV ID is required – my.ny.gov
- Applicants must have an Employer ID Number (EIN) that is different from their municipality.
- Apply for an EIN via the IRS
- Applicants must have a NYS vendor number
- Contact Barbara Massago – firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 486-4885
Applications are due to 4CLS by August 30, 2017.
For more information, contact Steven Bachman at email@example.com or 607-723-8236 ext. 301